C-Aire’s FM Approved Automatic Air Pressure Maintenance Device (CAMD1) is an automatic, field-adjustable device of the pressure-reducing type. It is used to control the supervisory air pressure in a dry pipe sprinkler system, pre-action system, or dry pilot line system of a dry pilot sprinkler actuated deluge or pre-action valve. The CAMD1 is utilized in applications where a compressed air (or nitrogen) source pressure is higher than the desired system pressure. Pressure sources include plant air supplies with their own automatic compressor controls or nitrogen supplies with single-stage cylinder-mounted pressure regulators.
The ½” valve is opened to admit air speedily to the dry pipe system, also known as bypass mode. It is closed once the desired system air pressure has been established. As the pressure drops on the system side of the ¼” check valve, the regulator and metering orifice operates automatically to replace small losses of air that periodically occur in the system due to temperature or other system variations. The regulator and metering orifice limits the volume of air introduced to assure that the rate of air replacement is less than that of an operated sprinkler so that system activation may occur.
According to NFPA 13, air compressors with a flow greater than 5.5 CFM at 10 psi require a tank and regulator-style air maintenance device with a bypass and restrictor (NFPA 13 18.104.22.168).
- Competitively priced
- Reliable & easy to maintain
- Assembled & tested in the USA
- Premium packaging
- Comes with a wrench for general adjustments
- Approved for use with all tank-mounted compressors in the U.S. & Canada
- Available in 16 packs for a discounted price per unit
- Ready to ship!
- FM Approved (FM 1032) – Complies with NFPA 13 listing requirement
- Maximum Pressure: 175 psi
- Pressure Output Range: 5-60 psi
- End Connections: ½” Female NPT
- Physical Dimensions: 9” W x 8½” H
- Weight: 3 lbs.
In The Box
- Air Maintenance Device
- Air Pressure Gauge
- 11 mm x 14 mm Wrench
- 1/2” x 2” Nipple & 1/2” Union
C-Aire’s Automatic Air Pressure Maintenance Device is backed by a 1-year warranty to be free from defects in material and workmanship.