Under the supervision of the Shipping and receiving Manager, this position performs the functions of shipping and receiving, material handling, inventory management and record keeping for incoming and outgoing shipments of company products and vendor parts necessary to manufacturing of products; stores and distributes material, tools, equipment and products within the warehouse, ensures accuracy and timeliness of all job functions; verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment by performing the following duties to quality and productivity standards.
- Unpacks, examines, and routes incoming shipments, rejects, and reports defective or damaged items, records shortages. Receives and processes all defective parts returned for replacement or credit.
- Maintains raw material and critical supply inventories, including shipping materials and supplies.
- Responsible for managing all outbound shipments, including preparation of paperwork in software, management of packaging materials inventories, packaging of product to be shipped, and arrangement of transportation services.
- Performs general housekeeping, maintenance, and organization of the dock and inventory areas to ensure the warehouse is maintained, clean, accessible, and safe.
- Operates lift trucks or hand trucks to convey, move or hoist materials to proper departments or areas, and assist unloading trucks.
- Operates crimp tools, stretch wrap banders, and other packaging tools.
- Performs final production processing such as cleaning, masking, marking, inspection, wrapping, and packing of parts and other tasks as required facilitate and expedite timely shipping of orders according to shipping instructions specified on the customer’s purchase order.
- Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves or relocate orders to a holding area or shipping department.
- Assist in counting physical inventory.
- Make a positive contribution to maintaining a workplace that is healthy, safe, neat, and tidy.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Organizational Skills
- Time Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Ability to use hand tools
- Flexibility, dependability, and attention to detail
This job operates in a manufacturing shipping & receiving environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as phones, computers, printers, photocopiers, scales, and standard warehouse equipment such as hand trucks, box cutters, and tape dispensers. This position may also be required to operate a Class 4 powered forklift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use their fingers and hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. This position is very active, and the employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 75 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent years of experience.
- Ability to read and write English, comprehend, and follow verbal and written instructions, and use simple math.
- Proficient using a PC in a Windows environment
Preferred Education and Experience
- One or more years of related warehouse experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience using Manufacturing software for scheduling, inventory, and warehouse functions.
- Some experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel, and label printing software.
- Licensed forklift truck operator.
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay