Assemblers perform tasks that are necessary to the production process. They aid in the fabrication, maintenance, and repair of component parts and products. They must also maintain tidy work areas and follow detailed instructions in order to meet safety and quality requirements.
Assemblers must have an aptitude for mechanics and an eye for detail. Their function is to ensure that all parts and products under their care are in proper working order and meet the quality standards of the company and industry.
The day-to-day tasks most often include working with a variety of tools and machinery to make or repair products and parts for distribution. Additional training may be required in order to help Assemblers understand industry processes and standards.
The ability to comprehend and follow detailed verbal or written instructions, as well as diagrams and other technical documents is a critical part of Assembly.
Assemblers should also be team players who are willing to work with those in their assigned lines or groups.
• Use hand & air tools to make or repair parts and products.
• Interpret technical documents, such as diagrams or other verbal or written instructions.
• Work with other members of the line or group in order to assemble products.
• Keep a clean and tidy workspace.
• Meet all safety requirements of the company and industry.
• Identify any defective items and handle them according to established procedures.
• Ability to use reason to solve problems as they arise.
• A High School Diploma or GED.
• Attention to detail.
• Excellent hand-eye coordination.
• Skilled in mechanics.
• Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
• Willing to perform repetitive tasks while standing for extended periods of time.
• Must have good eyesight, including depth perception, peripheral vision, and ability to differentiate between colors.
• Dental insurance
• Health insurance
• Disability insurance
• Paid time off
• 8-hour shift
• Day shift
• Monday to Friday
• Monthly bonus
• Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
• Assembly: 1 year (Preferred)
This Job Is
• A job for which military-experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
• Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
• A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
• A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
• Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma